Ford Mondeo Mk4 (2008) Estate Double DIN Head Unit Installation

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
chandelirious

Ford Mondeo Mk4 (2008) Estate Double DIN Head Unit Installation

Postby chandelirious » Thu Nov 03, 2016 12:15 am

Hey everyone,

I recently purchased and installed a Pumpkin Android Double DIN Head Unit and installed it in my 2008 Ford Mondeo Estate.

The installation guide that I wrote contains many step by step pictures and is formatted as a PDF, which I can't upload here.

I have therefore made it available on the internet here:

Please feel free to download and distribute it. If you find it helpful, let me know!

Mark.

Jammy

Re: Ford Mondeo Mk4 (2008) Estate Double DIN Head Unit Installation

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 04, 2016 7:05 am

Hi,
Thanks for your sharing about the installation.
You are a so kind guy.
There is just a small suggestion about the position of the external mic.
You'd better put it in the back of the steering wheel control, cause when driving and a call coming, you have to look forward for your safety.
If you put the external mic in other place, the other side of the called person will get a small voice from you, hope some help.
Regards

chandelirious

Postby chandelirious » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:33 pm

Good point Jammy, although so far I have been able to communicate very well over the telephone. If I did it again, I would mount it nearer the steering wheel so that it is in line with voice.

kmcg

Postby kmcg » Mon Jan 09, 2017 8:44 pm

chandelirious,
Thanks for uploading your install instruction detail, very helpful, I notice you car is a titanium x similar to my own. the sat nav stereo in mine has recently died. I bought an x trons android unit and it looked pretty similar to the auto pumpkin unit. however its faulty, the wi fi wouldn't work so i couldn't install any apps for maps etc, the steering controls also wouldn't work and i'd been assured that they would, needless to say it'll be returned as soon as i can get it removed.
Could i ask what model of pumpkin unit you have installed, is it android? do the steering controls work for volume and answering calls etc?
I'd really appreciate you help before i push the button and buy one.
Regards,
Kmcg

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jan 10, 2017 7:15 am

Hi kmcg,
For the wifi issue, did the unit never connect to any wifi signal? such as hot spot from your phone, router from your house, the public free wifi.
And please check if the unit could recognize and play music through USB cable.
For the steering wheel issue, the steering wheel control of your car may perform a little difference compared to others, you can follow the below picture connect the cable.
1.png
1.png (665.95 KiB) Viewed 17598 times

Then turn on the unit and find the "key study" to learn the wheel keys.
2.png
2.png (312.33 KiB) Viewed 17598 times

Regards

kmcg

Postby kmcg » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:26 am

Jammy, don't worry the unit I had problems with is x tons and not pumpkin. I'm just looking some reassurance from other mondeo owners with a similar model to mine that the pumpkin unit works before I buy.
Regards.
kmcg

thecove17

Postby thecove17 » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:13 pm

Many thanks for the guide, can you tell me can you set the dash clock via the new unit ? I have removed the old one but due to battery disconnection the dash clock is all wrong, thanks again.
George

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:17 am

Hi,
please first tell me your order number in amazon or buyer id in ebay,Pumpkin or AliExpress so that we can confirm more information about your unit and provide you positive solutions.
What dash clock do you mean? Could you show me an picture?
Any query ,you can contact the customer service where you bought the unit or directly write post to support@autopumpkin.com .
Regards

Laurence9696

Postby Laurence9696 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:02 pm

I have just purchased a radio for my ford eatate 2008. However, when using the power cables, I have tried both and neither are working so the radio wont turn on....

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”