Battery Drain RQ0368

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
bassball

Battery Drain RQ0368

Postby bassball » Sun Feb 26, 2017 3:25 pm

I bought the Unit for my Scoda Octavia Model 2005

Over the Winter i realised that the Battery is empty if im not driving 2 Days (before i used to drive every day, so the battery gets charged)
I bought a new Battery, because i thought mine was flat, but nohing changed.
When i turn the car off, the Radio is shutting down. I measured the current, and saw that the used current went down after 30 Seconds), so the Unit is really shutting down. But i also measured that the CAN Bus Decoder Box is using lots of Power.

Is there any Solution for this?

Im really happy with the Unit, but i have to charge the Battery if i'm not driving for 2 Days...

My Amazon Order Number:
304-4973374-9477140

Best Regards!

Jammy

Re: Battery Drain RQ0368

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:19 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
With respect of your description, the canbus decoder box may have problem.
You can first modify the red wire and connect it to the cigar lighter positive pole or other ACC wire, not use the canbus decoder box.
If your car don't have steering wheel buttons, I suggest you try this method.
There is another solution, we can send a new canbus decoder from China to replace the old one.
Regards

bassball

Postby bassball » Wed Mar 01, 2017 6:13 pm

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I read about the rewiring solution, but i have Steering Wheel Buttons and would like to continue using them.
So i would appriciate a replacement of the canbus decoder box.

Best Regards!

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:47 am

Hi,
My amazon customer service colleague will arrange to send you a replacement of canbus decoder box ASAP.
Once you receive and use it, please tell us the result, it will help us provide accurate solution for other clients.
Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 9:01 am

bassball

Postby bassball » Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:54 am

Hi!

Thank you for the replacement arrived sooner than expected.
After 2 Weeks of testing and measurement, it looks like that the battery drain is gone and my problem is solved!

Thanks for your support!

Best Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Mar 30, 2017 9:00 am

Hi,
Thank you very much for your reply.
This will help us provide the accurate solution when the same problem happens to other clients.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”