Poor video quality from reversing camera

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tonysutorius

Poor video quality from reversing camera

Postby tonysutorius » Wed Jan 06, 2016 1:47 am

Good afternoon.

I recently bought from you a quad-core Android head unit from my 2011 Prius, along with a reversing camera.

Everything has been great, except that the video quality from the reversing camera is very poor. It is black and white (with just occasional bursts of watery colour), and shows quite nasty analogue signal degradation. Its pretty stable though, so doesn't really look like an interference or cabling problem.

Because we run a video production company I recognise this as looking very similar to when an NTSC camera is attached to a PAL-only monitor, and wonder if that is in fact exactly what is happening. We are a PAL country, and I assume the supplied reversing camera is likely NTSC. But I can't locate any way of switching.

Can anyone cast any light on this issue?

Many thanks!

Tony

Andy

Re: Poor video quality from reversing camera

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 06, 2016 3:22 am

Hi Tony
It maybe the rear camera compatibility issue caused the black and white image, we have arranged a different new type rear camera to sent to you, please check your mailbox for reply and patient wait for that!
Regards!

goenny

Postby goenny » Sun Jan 31, 2016 5:54 pm

I've got the same issue with a watery image with very low contrast. Additionally I see horizontal lines moving down the screen. I've got the feeling it is a compatiblility issue. The cam is from my old Pioneer navi. What is the requirement for the Pumpkin cam?

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:07 am

Dear Customer
Thank you for your message/email!
Sorry for replying you late due to different timezone and working time!
Do you mean you received the new cam from us, and the image still black and white? The unit can support both NTSC video and PAL video signal input. But as you know that the RCA port can only transfer analog signal, so the video image will not be display like you play a video from SD card, hope you can understand.
Regards!

ToyotaHilux

Postby ToyotaHilux » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:39 pm

Hi, I have the same issue, I purchased a nigh vision camera but the image on the screen shows black and white. Is it a compatibility issue?
Camera model SKU: Y0801

was the issue resolved with a different camera for other user? thanx

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:23 am

Hi, this camera will only show the black and white image on the screen at night, if it also show the black and white image at daytime, the camera may have problem, you can contact the seller to exchange other different camera to solve this problem.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”