what leads to connect reverse camera too?

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
tovtm

what leads to connect reverse camera too?

Postby tovtm » Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:11 am

So finally getting around to wiring up my reverse camera. I have brought a pumpkin kd-c0340 head unit. Ive run the video lead and mounted the camera etc. Two questions

from the picture what lead do I need to connect up to from my head unit canbus device. It says orange is reverse wire however there are three orange leads. On the sticker is says the other one is ignition wire. One as you can see going into the can bus box the other ones which have a black line down them (one going to canbus box the other goes into a plug not connected to anything)

Second question is can I connect the reverse camera end earth to a lead from the window wiper leads is so which one can I piggy back it to.

Thanks
https://www.dropbox.com/s/9gervr00ls0lp ... 7.jpg?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1fh4o8yklau5y ... 3.jpg?dl=0

Andy

Re: what leads to connect reverse camera too?

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 1:41 am

Hi there
Thank you for you message!
As you are using the item with can bus decoder box, so you do not need to care the reverse detective wire, cause it is already controlled by the can bus box, so you just need to connect the video output jack to the CAM-IN connector from the radio. The can bus will automatically give reverse signal to the radio when you reverse your car, unless your car do not give reverse signal to the can bus. Can you please check it?

And about the end leads for the rear camera, you just need to make sure the positive red wire connect to the +12V pole of the car reverse lamp. And the earth black wire, you can connect to the -12V negative pole of the car reverse lamp or any other metal body of the car, make sure it is been grounded.

And I'm sorry it seems I can not open your dropbox link as it shows error when I tried it, but never mind as it is not need to check now. Just want to show you that the forum can direct attach photo when you post.
Regards!

tovtm

Postby tovtm » Tue Jan 12, 2016 10:43 am

Thank you I've already run a 12v lead to the head unit location to get power for the camera. So do I just connect this to any of the orange leads? Do you have a manual you can send me a link to as all I can find I'm my box is a basic manual for settings.

Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:28 am

Hi there
Thank you for your reply!
But I think you still do not understand me correct my friend, as you already get power supply to the rear camera, all you need to do to connect to the radio is to plug the RCA connector to the CAM-IN wire(Port 15 from below photo) from the radio.
Just as thie below image shows, there is no orange wire needs to be connected at all, because your device is control the reverse detective by the can bus box.
And I'm sorry my friend, the user manual we have is the same as what is already included in the package. If you still have question on rear camera connection, please take some photos to show us where you do not know how to connect, ok? The forum can attach photo direct at below on the Attachments option, we will try our best to help you solve it.
Regards!

tovtm

Postby tovtm » Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:43 am

:mrgreen: ok so think the canbus decoder isn't picking up the signal being as when I put it in reverse the radio doesn't change over at all. In settings reverse x mirror is turned on aswell as the other boxes checked.

What can I do in this case? Can I connect the red wire coming from the video out lead to the reverse light and the other end of the red lead from video lead to where? To pass the signal to the headunit .

I have defiantly connected power and earth to the camera.

tovtm

Postby tovtm » Sat Jan 16, 2016 2:57 pm

What colour lead is the reverse detect? Even though I have the canbus decoder box plugged in, when I select reverse the screen doesn't change over or go blank or anything which is why I can't get the camera working. I have successfully connected the live and earth to the camera aswell as the video lead.

In the driving settings the reverse x mirror is on.

Why isn't the canbus box picking up when reverse is selected? How else can I wire the reverse camera up to detect when reverse is selected.

tovtm

Postby tovtm » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:49 am

IMG_20160109_155347.jpg
IMG_20160109_155347.jpg (2.46 MiB) Viewed 13937 times
this lead has the reverse trigger lead but it's not attached to anything and just goes to a small connection block. I know the trigger lead is this orange one because when I brought the unit it come with canbus adaptor and a normal loom. The normal one has stickers on every lead saying what one is what. This next picture shows it cannot plug into the canbus decoder so where does it go? Failing this do I just connect a cable from reverse bulb to this orange lead or would that damage my head unit?
IMG_20160109_155328.jpg
IMG_20160109_155328.jpg (2.19 MiB) Viewed 13937 times

Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:06 am

Hi there
I'm sosososo sorry for replying you late due to the last three days didn't work.
Your idea should be correct as it is not automatically switch, then it means the detective wire do not get reverse signal.You may need to do a wire modification to achieve that, would you mind check the attached photo?The orange/black wire is the reverse detective wire, and you need to cut it there, and use the A side to connect to the car backlight positive pole. So everytime when you reverse the car, the backlight light up, and the wire will get signal to trigger the radio to switch to reverse camera function.
reverse detective wire from KD VW.jpg
reverse detective wire from KD VW.jpg (3.86 MiB) Viewed 13932 times

Regards!
Andy

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Accessories”