Reversing camera not working

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Maverg

Reversing camera not working

Postby Maverg » Wed Dec 07, 2016 8:08 am

Hi, Just installed head unit with reverse camera. Camera not working. Tried camera with different head unit and works. Switches to reversing scteen but warning symbol comes up on screen.
Grant

Jammy

Re: Reversing camera not working

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:36 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your order number?
We need more details about your head unit and give you the accurate and best solution.
For the reverse camera, you can refer the below forum to check if you connect the cable and wire correctly.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22
If the unit switch to the reverse image when you put your car into reverse, then please check if you connect the yellow RCA cable to the Cam-in RCA cable from our head unit.
Regards

Maverg

Postby Maverg » Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:33 am

Order number is 100006210. Lights come on on the reverse camera also. Have checked yellow rca cable connection to camera in.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Dec 08, 2016 10:45 am

Hi,
Please go to the Settings--factory settings(126)--others to check the "Reversing switch" which should not be selected.
Then you can connect the Yellow RCA cable from the camera to Video in and enter the AVin on the screen to check if you can get a reverse image.
And there is a video about how to check if the reverse camera is broken or just the connections is nor correct.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjyZT8k2Dk
Regards

Maverg

Postby Maverg » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:22 am

Hi. Tried your suggestions didn't work. Checked reversing switch not selected in factory settings. Plugged reverse camera into AVin RCA socket selected AVin on head unit only black screen with warning symbol displayed. Can I plug in a dvd player into the cam in socket select reverse and test it this way? Remembering I have tested the reverse camera on another pumpkin head unit and it worked.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:06 am

Hi,
There are two possibility for the reverse camera issue.
One is that the separate RCA cable with Cam-in label is broken.
The other is that the unit itself has problem.
So we can send you a new RCA cable with Cam-in for free.
If you agree, please contact our customer service to get the process details.
Regards

maf

Postby maf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 9:17 am

Hello, recently i bought a Pumpkin unit RQ0278E (order 500001547), which upon installation of my rear view camera does not display an image -> that's the camera

Everything is wired according to this guide + I followed the guide in the manual of the head unit.

The problem is, I get nothing when putting the car in reverse (head unit stays on the home screen). I also get nothing if I run the AVIN app (black screen with the yellow triangle).
I connected the yellow RCA male to GREEN cam in female RCA of the head unit. Now, is this OK, or do I need to plug it into "video-in" female RCA of the head unit?

I'm almost certain all the wiring is correct, so my question is, is there anything I need to enable on my head unit or is the rear view camera a defect?

Thank you for the reply.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:41 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
For the reversing camera issue, you might forget the reversing detective wire, as you said that the unit did not change when you put your car into reverse. Normally only if you connect the reversing detective wire correctly, you will get the reverse signal from reverse light.
I believe you have tried to follow our forum instruction to connect the reverse camera cable, but I still hope you can double check.
And here is a tutorial video about how to check the reverse camera, hope some help.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kjyZT8k2Dk
For the enable settings, normally it has been set to be enable, you can go to the factory settings which the password is 3368.
Here is a picture for your reference.
1.jpg
1.jpg (55.73 KiB) Viewed 27685 times

Please don't change any other settings in factory settings, otherwise it may damage the unit.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”