Mute wire for CN01-02306B

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
hamburglarhelper

Mute wire for CN01-02306B

Postby hamburglarhelper » Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:29 am

I recently purchased the Android 7.1 universal head unit. I know that there is no mute wire in the wiring harness supplied with the unit. However, the harness supplied is missing two pins out, and the connector on the unit itself has all the pins. Does anyone know if one of these was for the mute wire (and if it works)? If not, I know the amp chip used by the head unit does have mute functionality, and was wondering how easy it would be to access this and if the mute wire could be hooked up to the pin out for mute on the amp circuit.

Jammy

Re: Mute wire for CN01-02306B

Postby Jammy » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:20 am

Hi,
there is no mute wire supplied with the unit.In fact, the missing pin of the universal connector is normal.The other wires such as "reverse" wire n you need to connect manually.
I don't know what you want to do using "mute" wire.The unit itself support decrease the volume to 0.
Regards

hamburglarhelper

Re: Mute wire for CN01-02306B

Postby hamburglarhelper » Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:53 pm

Unfortunately the wiring harness interface for ford vehicles with sync has a mute wire, and if the mute wire isn't connected the interface will power down the head unit when sync tries to alert you. Obviously there are ways to get around this, but I figured if the amp pin out for ATT/mute was easily accessible that would be the most elegant solution.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”