Android 4.4 Model S07 - No OBD Bluetooth; poor Bluetooth sound quality

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
mattz

Android 4.4 Model S07 - No OBD Bluetooth; poor Bluetooth sound quality

Postby mattz » Fri Mar 11, 2016 12:53 am

I've had nothing but problems with the Bluetooth on my Android 4.4 Model S07 head unit -- it's been very frustrating, and I'm ready to replace the unit with something else that works. Problems are as follows:

- Despite the fact my Android phone will connect to the head unit just fine, and run OBD Droidscan too, the head unit simply will not connect to any of four different Bluetooth OBD II dongles I've purchased. My phone connects to all of them!
- When I use Bluetooth handsfree, the people I'm calling complain that they cannot hear me -- too much static and, "...sounds lime I'm under water..."; the sound quality is horrible. It's better when I just use the handsfree feature on my phone!

I've tried everything... turning off Auto Connect and Auto PIN. Turning them both On. Shutting down, starting back up... trying again. Removing the recognized dongle from the "Available Devices" list, and searching again.... trying to "Connect"...and nothing happens. The head unit never asks for the PIN, whether or not "Auto Connect" is On or Off. This thing just doesn't work.

Is there anything I can do to fix this. It's very frustrating. I've got to figure this out, or this Pumpkin unit is going in the trash.

Model S07
S/N 000D18A12BFD
Android 4.4.4_06022015
Build rk3066-eng4.4.4 06022015.14:41:30
MCU Version: MTCB-JY-V2.43
Feb 06 2015 14:05:42

Andy

Re: Android 4.4 Model S07 - No OBD Bluetooth; poor Bluetooth sound quality

Postby Andy » Fri Mar 11, 2016 1:35 am

Hi there
Could you mind tell me your order number from us so that I can check? If you are bought from ebay, you can tell me your ebay ID so that I can check the order details. Because only judge from the version info you put, I can't define what item you have.
Regards!

mattz

Postby mattz » Sun Mar 13, 2016 3:05 am

Thanks for your reply! My order number is 100000854 and was placed on 4 Apr. 2015
The item number is JY-C0233 with Description: In-Dash Stereo 6.2 Inch Flush Panel Android 4.4 Double Din GPS Navigation System For Universal Head Units Support O

If you can help make Bluetooth handsfree work well...and any of the four Bluetooth OBD dongles work, that would be very much appreciated. I have never been able to use either. If needed, I can send photos of each of the OBD dongles I have tried.

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:31 am

Hi there
Could you please make sure your dongle is with only 4 digits pair code, such as 1234, and you need to change the device's BT pairing code to the same as your OBD dongle, because as you know, the device will not bootup a screen to let you input the pair code when pairing with OBD dongle as your cellphone done, so you need to set that before you pairing.
Here is a instruction video for you:

And for the BT calling, that must be the mic issue, did you use the internal built mic on the front panel? Or you use an external mic? Would you mind use another external mic to plug to the radio to check?
Regards

mattz

Postby mattz » Thu Mar 17, 2016 7:43 pm

Thank you. I have used three different external microphones: 1.) the external mic that came with the unit, 2.) a generic, low cost mic I purchased separately, and 3.) a high cost Sony brand mic I also purchased separately. All three mics are accompanied by the same poor sound quality. People I call (when using the headunit) tell me they cannot hear what I'm saying over all the static and distortion, yet when I use my phone's handsfree feature, they can hear me clearly, in the same vehicle. As for the PIN, I am certain that the one specified in the head unit is correct, since I can connect to any of the four dongles using my phone and Samsung tablet; I made certain the correct PIN is set in the head unit. I have tried four different Bluetooth dongles -- all of them work with my phone, none of them work with the head unit. If there is no other known fix, please let me know -- I need to install a unit with working Bluetooth handsfree.

Andy

Postby Andy » Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:00 am

Hi there
If you would like to downgrade the android system to check?
Here is the link, just download it, get the update.img file, and copy to an emtpy micro SD card, and turn on radio, insert to GPS slot, it will boot up an window to ask you update. Just click OK to start.

And if the above solution is still not solve, it maybe the hardware inside of it is problem, you may need to return to the factory to repair.
Regards!

mattz

Postby mattz » Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:21 am

I downgraded the unit using the image you referenced (to Jelly Bean). The GPS no longer works...and, of course, all the Apps (like Torque) are gone. Google Play will not allow me to download any of the Apps because it's convinced that all are already "Installed." Now I am stuck... The downgrade was intended to fix the Bluetooth/OBD II dongle-binding problem, I believe...but it would not have fixed the poor sound quality using the external mic, is that correct? In any case, I'm afraid I need to remove the unit since I cannot use the hands-free phone feature or the GPS. Can I send the unit back for repair or refund? If so, please send instructions. I don't know what else to do at this point.

mattz

Postby mattz » Fri Apr 15, 2016 5:51 am

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:15 am

Hi, about the navigation, you can reinstall the navigation from the OME on the unit. If this still does not help, we can send you the link of the navigation, you can download and use it.
About the bluetooth issue, please restore the factory settings, then enter the factory settings to check the bluetooth option.
Maybe the unit had some function mixed or factory settings changed, you can take some picture about the factory application and send them to our customer service email box "support@autopumpkin.com".
We will try to give you positive solution.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”