[/url]Image

Your choice to made the final decision

Technical file download link of PUMPKIN device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Should Pumpkin set Official Firmware link collection for their device to be public?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:51 am

Yes, that will save a lot of time for both clients and the service team
83%
Yes, other reasons
17%
No, it will mislead other clients who donot own Pumpkin device to wrongly update.
No votes
No, other reasons
No votes

Total votes: 12

brocky

Re: Your choice to made the final decision

Postby brocky » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:52 am

It would make life easier for all concerned. So long as there is good instructions on how to do it. ;-)

janeLu

Postby janeLu » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Yes it would make both our life easier and yours but, each link must expecify what models should be using. Very good instruction is a must have. And the links forum should be accessible only by pumpking clients that show proof of purchase so if anyone that have other brands download and install it would not hold you responsable because they are not clients
Vw Passat 2002

Andy

Postby Andy » Mon Mar 21, 2016 1:06 am

janeLu wrote:Yes it would make both our life easier and yours but, each link must expecify what models should be using. Very good instruction is a must have. And the links forum should be accessible only by pumpking clients that show proof of purchase so if anyone that have other brands download and install it would not hold you responsable because they are not clients

Hi there
Thank you for your suggestion!
That's the only reason we do not set it public is that the forum do not have the ability to identify the clients, so maybe other brand devices client will enter. But maybe we can make the clearly statement and warnning at the begining of the topic, so it will not have the trouble you mentioned!:)

Skamkell

Postby Skamkell » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:48 pm

Just bought three days ago on Amazon Pumpkin car stereo(C0254+Y0801). After browsing ebay and amazon for a while I searched for a pumkin because of the firmware-download and service on this website. Even when the model was 25 Euro more expensive then an other one. I would release the firmware in a zip package with a read-me with a warning that its only for a pumpkin radio and the modell. Plus guide how to install firmware. If somebody downloads it and bricks his device by ignore the warning, then its there own fault. Maybe they learn and buy a device with support next time.

Greetings from Germany

Andy

Postby Andy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:55 am

Hi there
Thank you for your idea sharing!

Mazslc

Postby Mazslc » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:30 am

Well I think that's not a very wise reply. If you get something that they thought they bought was made by pumpkin because it looks IDENTICAL, but it's a different maker, and then they download a new firmware, and then they have a problem, do you think if pumpkin tells the customer "No, I'm not helping you", that they will come to pumpkin later to buy something, or do you think if pumpkin helps the customer that the customer will probably come back and buy directly from them just because pumpkin helped them? Personally, if someone helped me, I would definitely go back to them to buy their products, but if you think not helping people with their problem is going to win customers, go for it.

Postby 20160203 » Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:19 pm

Electronic device manufacturers such as computer parts have made firmwares publicly available for a long time. As the other member noted, if someone with another brand radio uses your brand's firmware, that is their fault. Put the files in one thread and post a large-print warning that they are only for Pumpkin radios and then break them down by unit number.

I think they should be public. If you want an additional layer of protection, you could only make them available to registered users here. Cradlepoint does this with their router firmware, you must set up an account to download firmware.

The other reason why I think this is a good idea is due to the time lag involved. The support people are clearly in China, and for those in the western hemisphere there is usually a couple of days delay for a response.
Pumpkin 11-c0255 USA in a 1995 Pontiac Firebird

mentox

Postby mentox » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:24 am

+1 :mrgreen:

20160203 wrote:Electronic device manufacturers such as computer parts have made firmwares publicly available for a long time. As the other member noted, if someone with another brand radio uses your brand's firmware, that is their fault. Put the files in one thread and post a large-print warning that they are only for Pumpkin radios and then break them down by unit number.

I think they should be public. If you want an additional layer of protection, you could only make them available to registered users here. Cradlepoint does this with their router firmware, you must set up an account to download firmware.

The other reason why I think this is a good idea is due to the time lag involved. The support people are clearly in China, and for those in the western hemisphere there is usually a couple of days delay for a response.

iwillbme2@yahoo.com

Postby iwillbme2@yahoo.com » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:53 pm

Yes, public! To only the Pumpkin purchasers or committed owners of Pumpkin radios to save this for future use. We/I have see many over time, China companies come and go. I have had great follow up with many china companies. But I have seen companies come and go and less. Because of that I would want someone other than the, "Pumpkin" company, to have backups so we have someone to be able to help others when many years later the company is not around to help or does not want to help.

I want to as a owner, to have a copy of Android 5.1 and Window Ce as that is what runs on my radio that I purchased for download. This electronic item (radio) could have a malfunction. If so then I have to rely on a Pumpkin seller, to be around for a long time and then still respond and help with issues many years from now.

So yes we all should have a copy!

When you decide to give us a copy of our operating systems then email me for the download.

Thank you, Jerry E.

Carleen

Postby Carleen » Wed Jul 13, 2016 10:53 am

yes make it public pumpkin car stereo the best

Return to “File Download”