[/url]Image

Your choice to made the final decision

Technical file download link of PUMPKIN device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Should Pumpkin set Official Firmware link collection for their device to be public?

Poll ended at Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:51 am

Yes, that will save a lot of time for both clients and the service team
83%
Yes, other reasons
17%
No, it will mislead other clients who donot own Pumpkin device to wrongly update.
No votes
No, other reasons
No votes

Total votes: 12

MiLe

Re: Your choice to made the final decision

Postby MiLe » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:40 am

Absolutly yes!

I cann see the problem: If anybody flashes a wrong image or MCU and someting goes wrong, it generates additional work for the support.
Otherwise - who wants to flash something for some reasons finds a lot of stuff in the internet, on forums as XDS-developpers and even at the manufacturers page!!

So i would be better to provide people with the original stuff but - important - clearly declard for wich unit/processor type/display resolution.
Maybe this creates work for the support, but less work than firmware from other sources.

MeatPuppet

Postby MeatPuppet » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:11 pm

I dont even own a Pumpkin HU yet but really interested in the RQ0270E
I agree it would be much easier to make it public To the "Pumpkin Public" if you will..Those who have bought legitimate pumpkin units.
I dont know how to vote so count this as 1 !

uudruid74

Postby uudruid74 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:10 pm

Uhmm ... you could easily just sign the silly firmware files so that you can't use the wrong firmware on the wrong device. You could also encrypt the files so that only a genuine pumpkin unit can load the file.

However, please don't. Keeping things open is a better policy. I don't think there is a real issue with people stealing firmware from another brand. In most cases there are enough differences that you'll just brick your unit when you try. Obviously pumpkin firmware files are only for pumpkin devices. If you want to protect your own users from flashing the wrong files, simply add a check to verify the model number (from build.prop or whatever) when the system updates. These checks are common on custom ROMs in the phone world.

Castro

Postby Castro » Thu Nov 24, 2016 12:49 pm

I would be happy when new software would be released and be downloadable. This includes an exact description of what to do and to avoid mistakes.
It is then up to everyone to decide whether to take the risk of installing the new software. In my opinion it belongs to good customer service, if updates are available. This is already standard for mobile phones and computers.
I think, it would be easily possible to install an check routine or something equal to ensure that the software fits the radiomodel.

johnboy98

Postby johnboy98 » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:10 pm

Firmware should most definitely be made available to customers

chadbh1974

Postby chadbh1974 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:02 pm

Considering that Android units are BUILT for people who want to tweak settings, flash alternate ROM's (i.e. CyanogenMod, etc) it is a big problem for a Android device maker to not make the factory firmwares available publicly at the very least. Every single Android tablet and smartphone I have owned, from several different manufacturers (I.e. Samsung, LG, Motorola) have ALL made the factory firmwares publicly available for my devices, even if we had to use their app to get the firmware, it could still be done within a matter of seconds. It would be even better if we could Root our headunits and help correct some of the bugs that are popping up as well.

If I wanted a locked down device I can't get software for at will I would have purchased an Apple or other non-android headunit.

Rutilicus

Postby Rutilicus » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:10 am

Yes please. Give also how to back up the old firmware in case we need to roll back the installation. With a nice "how to" instruction guide, of course.

voddow

Postby voddow » Tue May 09, 2017 12:39 pm

I would also appreciate to make the firmware images available for public. Please give everyone the chance to get the latest software for theyr devices as easy as possible.
Unit: CN10-02201B
Amazon Order number: 302-3168126-1316346
:!:***HINT***: To all complaining about slow units: Pumpkin is limiting the maximum CPU frequency to 1200 MHz (at least for my radio-type) although they are advertised with 1600 MHz ***HINT*** :!:

stedon81

Postby stedon81 » Mon May 22, 2017 8:08 pm

83% of your users would like to have the firmware link collection publicly shared...

So what will you do now? Will you share this collection? If yes - where can we find it?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu May 25, 2017 1:34 am

Hi,
We don't share the firmware for safety,because there are many different version of firmwares .If clients flash the wrong firmware,the unit may suffer irredeemable demage.
Hope you kind understanding.
Regards.

Return to “File Download”