Custom Boot Animation

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Sharkman

Custom Boot Animation

Postby Sharkman » Sat May 07, 2016 5:14 pm

Hello,

I have bought this unit

http://www.amazon.com/Pumpkin-Universal ... nk20400-20

I would like to load a custom boot animation that I have made and cannot seem to get it to work. Following the process of loading a bootanimation.zip file onto the unit that I follow on all other Android devices is not working. Do you or any other forum member have any suggestions?

There seems to be a way to load a custom animation through the factory settings option but I cannot figure that out either.

If I can figure this one out I can tell you there will probably be 50 more people I know that would order one of these.

Thank you.

Jammy

Re: Custom Boot Animation

Postby Jammy » Tue May 10, 2016 7:28 am

Hi, the boot animation is factory default settings, and it does not support to change.
Normally we kindly remind our clients, the factory don't allow to root the Pumpkin unit since it may cause the damage to the product.
Regards

wcafn

Postby wcafn » Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:35 pm

Hi,
My unit (see sig.) was supplied with an app to choose the boot animation.
The app menu provides an option to 'import from external USB' and asks for a filename input.
Unfortunately, I cannot get it add anything.
I wanted to supplement the boot logo (Honda selected) with an animation of the same logo, 'throbbing' and discard the 'a n d r o i d' default.
Is the boot animation 'factory restricted' on this unit also - even though an app has been supplied to apparently manage it?
UK
CN10-01201B

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:52 am

Hi,
you can download an boot logo picture on a sd card .Next ,insert the sd card into the unit.Then,enter into car settings--- expand settings(password:7890)---car logo,you will find the picture you download.Finally,choose it and click set logo button.
Regards

trevoraustin

Postby trevoraustin » Tue May 01, 2018 3:36 pm

I know this is an old post, but relevant to my problem. My Pumpkin CN-10 also has an app called boot animation in the factory firmware. If I click on the menu I get an option to import from external storage, but no idea how to format that. Your answer is an answer on how to change the initial jpg before the boot animation, not how to change the actual animation using the app you supplied without any instructions.

Do you have any idea how to use your application as I can't make it import anything.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu May 03, 2018 7:58 am

Hi,
please first tell me your order number in amazon or buyer id in ebay,Pumpkin or AliExpress so that we can confirm more information about your unit and provide you positive solutions .
Regards

trevoraustin

Postby trevoraustin » Thu May 03, 2018 3:07 pm

That has nothing to do with the question :) The previous poster gave you that information, you didn't answer his question which is the same as mine, why is there an app called boot animation, which only has Android in it, if you cannot change the boot animation, and if you can how do you use it.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri May 04, 2018 3:02 am

Hi,
oh,because there exist someone that bought different unit might follow this theme .So in case of providing wrong solution, it is important to confirm your unit model.
About your issue,sorry that this boot animation app does no any difference. The unit doesn't support change boot animation.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”