yellow warning exclamation mark

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SBut

yellow warning exclamation mark

Postby SBut » Wed Feb 22, 2017 7:08 pm

Hi,

When I start my car my stereo displays a yellow warning triangle with an exclamation mark. It then stays like that for the duration of the journey and is completely unresponsive. I have tried to reset but then the screen goes completely blank and the button lights on the left hand side flash for a bit before the warning triangle comes back.
It is the Pumpkin 7 inch Android 5.1, manufacturer reference 11-RQ0259E-Y0801 purchased on Amazon.
Can you help?

Thank you
Scott

Jammy

Re: yellow warning exclamation mark

Postby Jammy » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:22 am

Hi,
Sorry for the trouble caused.
With respect of your description, there are two possibilities which lead this case happen.
The first case is that the unit forbid watching DVD during driving, please go to the settings to check, here is a picture for your reference.
3.png
3.png (39.15 KiB) Viewed 6421 times

The second case, please check if you connect the thin red red wire together with the yellow RCA cable to wrong position, which need to be connected to the reverse detective wire of the unit with the "Reverse in" label.
Regards

SBut

Postby SBut » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:56 am

Hi,
Thanks for the help, however I still have the issue.
The stereo goes directly to the warning triangle screen when I turn it on so I can't navigate away to the settings menu or indeed any other screen.
The wiring seems to be correct. I have this issue with the camera completely disconnected.

Thanks
Scott

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:35 am

Hi,
Please double check if the reverse detective wire is connected to the red wire of the power cable or other ACC wires.
If possible, hope you can take some picture for us to check.
We will try to provide you positive solution.
Regards

zephyrool

Postby zephyrool » Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:22 pm

Hi,
I think i have the a similar problem.

my order is as follows:
Order ID 202-8124999-9765163:
1 of Pumpkin 7 inch Android 5.1 Lollipop Auto Car Radio Stereo Quad Core Double Din Head Unit with 1024*600 Touchscreen Support GPS Navigation Bluetooth St [ASIN: B00OB90SOY]

It worked fine for about six months, then it started showing the yellow warning exclamation mark.
Then after a week or so it was okay for a few times.

Now it is back to showing the warning symbol whenever i turn it on, and this has been for a while now.

i've tried resetting and unplugging all the unnecessary wires etc.

grateful if you could help.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:43 am

Hi,
Regarding your issue, could you please tell us if you installed the reversing camera?
If is, please disconnect the detective wire which has the "Reverse in" label.
If not, please go to the factory settings(126) to close the "Reversing switch" option.
Hope you can provide us a video link, we will try to provide you positive solution.
Regards

teochris

Postby teochris » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:32 pm

Hello, I face a similar issue, in my case everything worked properly for nearly 6 months. Now when the car is moving and If I break suddenly then I see the exclamation mark and after that first time each day even if I gently push the brakes of the car for more than 2 seconds then I see again the exclamation mark. I have a reverse camera that works properly though.

Can you please help me out?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:47 am

Hi, you can modify the reverse-in wire as following picture(add a 10K resistance to Ground ).
10K resistance.png
10K resistance.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 5582 times

Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”