Microphone sensitivity adjustment?

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Beyondx4

Microphone sensitivity adjustment?

Postby Beyondx4 » Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:18 am

Dear support,
I've just installed my new Pumpkin W0679+Y0801 for my 2010 Camry LE and everything is working smoothly. There is only one problem and it is the sensitivity of my external microphone. I've been making phone calls and the person on the other line has a problem hearing me unless I tilt my head towards the microphone, which I've mounted slightly above the steering wheel in order to minimize the distance between me and the mic. I'm looking to see if there is a way to adjust the sensitivity of the microphone to hopefully increase my speaking volume. If not, another option I have is to replace the stock microphone with another aftermarket mic; however, since the plug is a not a standard 2.5mm, I'm not sure how I'll be able to do that. Thanks.
My Amazon Order No. is 114-3971700-9384247.

Jammy

Re: Microphone sensitivity adjustment?

Postby Jammy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 5:46 am

Hi, about the microphone sensitivity, sorry that this unit W0679 does not have this settings, but you can enter the General--factory set(3368)--Volume balance to adjust the volume when you make a call.
Cause the stock microphone has the special connection plug into the unit, you could not use the universal 3.5 or other standard mic plug.
We suggest you turn up the volume both of your phone and head unit, and well close your windows and doors.
Regards

rabe65

Re: Microphone sensitivity adjustment?

Postby rabe65 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:21 am

This seems to be a common problem of many devices of this kind. I have exactly the same problem with my device and I am still struggling with a solution. I tried with several different microphones, but this does not make any difference in my case.

Some people said they have solved the issue with a hardware modification, see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthr ... st55769511. However, this requires opening the device, which would certainly cause issues with the warantity.

I got some improvement by using an external microphone amplifier, but I am still not satisfied with the result... Pumpking told me, they would send me a new microphone and cable, but they don't explain how this solves the issue.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”