[/url]Image

Rear Camera display fuzzy/out of focus

Mainly focus on other Accessories issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

HokieMon

Rear Camera display fuzzy/out of focus

Postby HokieMon » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:33 pm

Is there a way to adjust the focus and zoom settings for the camera? The picture used to be in focus but never the best quality, and a while ago it started to look out of focus and blurry (see pic attached). The camera is installed fine and it engages promptly when I put in reverse. Is there a way to adjust this, or a better quality camera? I have the 10.1" Android 5.1 Lollipop unit that came with the backup camera.
Attachments
20170311_161834.jpg
20170311_161834.jpg (4.86 MiB) Viewed 1659 times

Jammy

Re: Rear Camera display fuzzy/out of focus

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 3:36 am

Hi,
For the rear camera display, you can go to the Settings--Driving settings to close the "rear view ruler", then there will be only one view line.
It does not support to adjust the focus and zoom.
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:03 pm

You'll see from another tread that I had an issue with the clarity on my camera. It turned out to be a faulty camera. See the photos of the old and the new ones - the new one works at night and is far a superior quality. Might be that which is causing the problem.

HokieMon

Postby HokieMon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:14 pm

Hi Jammy, I know about the setting to turn the rear view ruler on and off. That's not the problem. The problem is that the picture itself is blurry/fuzzy, and zoomed in more than I'd like, and this with the ruler on or off. Btw, there are two rulers in the picture because I think the camera itself has a ruler and the head unit has a ruler function also (this is the one controlled by the Settings--Driving Settings option). But neither of these has an affect on the picture quality.

HokieMon

Postby HokieMon » Thu Mar 23, 2017 2:18 pm

Fixedfixer wrote:You'll see from another tread that I had an issue with the clarity on my camera. It turned out to be a faulty camera. See the photos of the old and the new ones - the new one works at night and is far a superior quality. Might be that which is causing the problem.

Hi FixedFixer, I saw your thread about the faulty camera and I think we are having/had different issues. Your camera was actually not engaging it seems, so your issue was different. How is the picture quality on your camera? Is it clear and sharp? Mine is blurry like a watercolor or a Monet painting. That's nice for an art exhibit but not what I want in a reverse camera!

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:06 am

HokieMon wrote:Hi Jammy, I know about the setting to turn the rear view ruler on and off. That's not the problem. The problem is that the picture itself is blurry/fuzzy, and zoomed in more than I'd like, and this with the ruler on or off. Btw, there are two rulers in the picture because I think the camera itself has a ruler and the head unit has a ruler function also (this is the one controlled by the Settings--Driving Settings option). But neither of these has an affect on the picture quality.

Hi,
Could you please take a picture or a short video to help us check?
If you bought the reverse camera from us, please contact our customer service to get a new one.
Regards

Fixedfixer

Postby Fixedfixer » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:15 am

HokieMon wrote:Hi FixedFixer, I saw your thread about the faulty camera and I think we are having/had different issues. Your camera was actually not engaging it seems, so your issue was different. How is the picture quality on your camera? Is it clear and sharp? Mine is blurry like a watercolor or a Monet painting. That's nice for an art exhibit but not what I want in a reverse camera!

The picture from the new camera is very sharp and focused. Looks good at night too. Only time I get any blur is in wet and or after driving on dirty roads when the lens needs a careful clean. That is an issue for any of these cameras mounted where they tend to get dirty. Hope you get yours sorted.

Return to “Accessories”