Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Welcome to share your installation experience and ideas on those car radio dvd gps stereo device

Moderators: Jammy, admin

KaMu

Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby KaMu » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:26 am

Hello,

I' using the Android 6.0 radio for VW (27-AQVW71-DE-A).

When I try to install an app from the play store I get the error "Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card.".

I have no SD card installed in the radio. I tried it with several apps. It happens althought there is plenty of space left.

What I did exactly:

1. Successfully installed all available updates from play store (Chrome, Maps, Play Services, QuickPic and ES File Explorer) - no errors.
2. No further new apps could be installed ("Couldn't install on USB storage or SD card.")
3. Removed all updates from Step 1 (back to factory default). Still no installation of new apps possible.

1.JPG
1.JPG (107.7 KiB) Viewed 7856 times

2.JPG
2.JPG (105.88 KiB) Viewed 7856 times

3.JPG
3.JPG (102.21 KiB) Viewed 7856 times

5.JPG
5.JPG (73.6 KiB) Viewed 7856 times

4.JPG
4.JPG (91.93 KiB) Viewed 7856 times

What can I do?

Thanks for your support.
Klaus

Jammy

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby Jammy » Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:21 am

Hi,
The apps can only be installed into the internal memory, not the external USB storage, hope your understanding.
Regards

KaMu

Re: Installation of new apps impossible from Google play store on Android 6.0 device

Postby KaMu » Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:08 pm

Hi,

I don't have any external storage attached and I never attached one.

So there is nothing I can remove. Only the internal memory is available, and there is plenty of space on it.

Nevertheless I get this error.

Regards,
Klaus

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 2:10 am

Hi,
Sorry for the misunderstood brought to you.
The apps can only be installed into the internal memory 1GB, the other large memory are used for download or cache some file from the website, such as music and video.
If the app has error during installing, the app maybe not compatible or too large to install.
You can choose some other small and similar function app to use, hope your understanding.
Regards

KaMu

Postby KaMu » Tue Oct 18, 2016 7:28 am

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to install the following apps from the play store:

Installation possible:
AirDroid - Android on Computer
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... d.airdroid

Poweramp
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... udioplayer

Installation impossible:
Torque Pro (OBD2 / Auto)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... owl.torque

MX Player Pro
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... player.pro

Poweramp Full Version Unlocker
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... yer.unlock

Blitzer.de plus
https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... itzer.plus

This has to be due to compatibility issues, because Airdroid is the biggest of these applications and can be installed, whereas the Poweramp unlocker (0,7 MB!) cannot be installed.

Even Torque Pro cannot be installed, although you have a blog entry where you show how to use Torque Pro with Pumpkin radios:
http://news.autopumpkin.com/how-to-use- ... ar-stereo/

All the above applications I tried to install are compatible with Android 6.0 and I have installed them on two different Android 6.0 devices.

Sorry, but why are most of the apps incompatible? Using an Android 6.0 device where it is not possible to install most of the apps available in the play store doesn't make sense.

By the way: I think the internal storage is not only 1 GB (maybe it was 1 GB in older devices). Please see these pictures before and after the installation of Airdroid and Poweramp:

Before:
b_1.JPG
b_1.JPG (49.54 KiB) Viewed 7840 times

After:
b_2.JPG
b_2.JPG (53.12 KiB) Viewed 7840 times

Regards
Klaus

Jerry_R

Postby Jerry_R » Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:25 am

I'm having the EXACT same problems with my Pumpkin 27-AQTU72-01 headunit also running Android 6.0
Even when installing a USB thumb drive the same errors occur. Even on the smallest, most simple apps like 3G Watchdog when plenty of space is left available.

Pumpkin needs to fix this. Soon.

KaMu

Postby KaMu » Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:42 pm

Hi,

I discovered something very interesting.

All the apps that failed to install are PAID apps. All apps that could be installed are FREE apps.

From the apps which failed to install I tried also the free versions (MX Player, Torque, Blitzer.de) which can be installed.

Jerry_R, can you confirm this?

Seems to be a serious bug in the used Android 6.0.1

Regards,
Klaus

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:21 am

Hi,
The internal storage of the unit 27-AQTU72 is sure 1GB, not the storage memory on the unit showing.
Sorry for the misleading brought to you.
The nearly 2GB storage memory also include a little part of the Nand flash memory of the unit.
And as we know, the paid apps could not be directly installed into our unit.
Many of our clients said that they used the Torque Pro, MX Player Pro and Poweramp without problem on our android 4.0 and android 5.1 unit.
The android 6.0 system should have more compatible capacity than android 4.4 and android 5.1.
So please check if there are other reasons caused app not installing.
Regards

KaMu

Postby KaMu » Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:51 am

Hi Jammy,

> And as we know, the paid apps could not be directly installed into our unit.

you mean it is known that paid apps cannot be directly installed via the play store into the unit? Hopfully you agree that this is a heavy bug.

I believe that paid apps can be installed on your android 4.0 and 5.1 units, but definitely not on my 6.0.1 unit.

I tried it hours, again an again with several apps, always with the same result.

Don't you have access to one of the new Android 6.0.1 units and could try it by yourself?

Regards,
Klaus

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:16 am

Hi,
I can download almost apps for android system into my MX3 smartphone, the android unit is not same as the android smartphone, cause they have many different configurations, such as the CPU, which has relation with the app compatibility.
As you can test that the paid apps can be installed directly into PC or your smartphone, but they maybe also not installed directly into the android 4.4 or 5.1 unit.
Hope you can use other similar function apps.
We will also try to test the impossible installation apps.
If there is any news about the apps installation, we will reply you.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”