A few problems to get solved

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Bandyaker

A few problems to get solved

Postby Bandyaker » Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:01 pm

Hi . Had my Pumpkin unit now for around a month and on the whole I am impressed . It's not been without its little problems and changes of settings to get things working with my car but on balance it's been fun setting it all up however I am still having a few issues ..

1. When using music apps such as Spotify or Amazon music I am getting short and random break up in sound rather like a static pop / glitch. It doesn't happen all the time but sometimes it can happen a lot . This doesn't happen while playing a CD so I don't think it's a hardware fault ie in the amplifier..I read about disabling Nuplayer in developer mode but I can't get into that to do that ?

2. My car is a 2011 VW Golf with Can Bus . My Stearing wheel controls (SWC) work except the next / previous track . I notice that a setting is set to VW/Scoda (simple) and wondered if it is that needs changing ?

3. When the unit boots up ( now only once since update installed due to OBD2 ,thanks Jammy) it defaults to the Bluetooth screen . Can the HU be set to open any screen on boot ? I.e. Launch Spotify ??Anyone changed the launcher to Nova with good results or recommend a more suitable one for my HU ? I really don't like the home page with its ugly clock and radio I don't use and no way of changing it !!

I hope you can help with these issues
Regards

Pumpkin 8" Quad Core Android Kit Kat 4.4.4
Fitted in 2011 VW Golf MK 6 with Can Bus
Amazon :Ordered on 9 October 2016 Order # 026-7396761-5344331
sku: KD-C0340
RQ0356

Jammy

Re: A few problems to get solved

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:18 am

Hi,
1. When the third partly music player are running , it occupies some space of the internal memory, then it will affect the system reaction speed.
Sometime the online music is also based on the network connection and speed. Hope your understanding.
2. This unit RQ0356 can support your car original steering wheel control, and the canbus option is already set to the right one before sending it out.
You can restore the factory settings to check if the SWC next/previous works.
3. You can download another app to use the different UI and put your preference apps on the first page of the new UI.
Here is the link for you.
https://mega.nz/#!EJERhYaI!Yl232zPfQXbi ... Rc1xnIdRsY
Regards

Bandyaker

Postby Bandyaker » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:42 pm

Hi Jammy
Regarding my sound issues I don't understand how and why the internal memory should effect/ cause this to happen .Does the unit not have enough memory to run Spotify? I don't have other services /programs/apps running other than Google services maybe .Just to clarify all my Spotify music is downloaded for offline use and stored on the SD card ( tho it still has the same problem when used online streaming) so internet speed or connection is not the issue here .
I have already done two clean installs of Spotify and formatted the sd card on my PC (using FAT32 with quick format 'off' . I have also factory reset the unit .
I have used Spotify for many years on PC and IOS devices and have never had any playback issues like this , the playback has always been flawless . For you to say this happens because there is insufficient memory does not seem right . I have searched this and many forums to see if anyone else has or had this problem and so far have found nothing . Is it not just possible that I have a faulty HU ??
Regarding the steering wheel controls for prev/ next song not working I have since found out from this forum that this function does not work for third party players !! What , why ? The volume works , the mute button works and the telephone/ Bluetooth works !!
It always worked with my original HU whatever application I was using . Surely there must be a fix for this ?
It's not only annoying but a driver safety issue surely !!
Thanks for the link to the different UI I will install when the problems are fixed .
I hope you can you give some solution please
Regards
RQ0356

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:19 am

Hi,
Many of our clients said that they installed and used the Spotify app on the same kind unit as you had.
Would you mind flash the unit to check? here is the link of the firmware for your unit RQ0356.
https://mega.nz/#!pE9RkSYQ!9keYflM6RSJ0 ... veW7UV9MA8
For the third party apps, as we known, most of the aftermarket head units don't support to SWC control for any apps.
Could you please tell us more details about your original HU?
If this function can be come true just with an update firmware, we will not never give it to you.
And I replied you another possible way shared from one of our clients, you can try it to make the third party apps controlled by the SWC.
Regards

Bandyaker

Postby Bandyaker » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Hi jammy
Thanks for the reply . The pops and break up in sound are very distracting and annoying and something is definitely not right !
Will flashing unit return unit to factory settings again ? Will I have to flash the unit for the OBD2 issue again after this ?
Regards
RQ0356

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:06 am

Hi,
Sorry about this.
If you don't want to flash the unit back to factory setting, we suggest you use other third party music apps, such as poweramp.
Regards

Bandyaker

Postby Bandyaker » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:42 pm

Hi
Does poweramp work with Spotify ? I don't have a large music collection anymore so rely on streaming services for my music !
Could you tell me if the OBD2 update will have to be done again after flashing the unit with the firmware ?
Thanks
RQ0356

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:17 am

Hi,
Sorry that the poweramp is just another third party music player which does not support to work with Spotify.
You don't need to update the OBD2 app, cause it's the preinstalled app which will be reinstalled during the firmware updating.
Regards

Bandyaker

Postby Bandyaker » Fri Nov 18, 2016 3:44 pm

Hi
It's not the app itself it's the firmware update I got from you that I had to install to stop the HU booting up twice when the OBD2 adapter is plugged in. Will I have to do this again ?
RQ0356

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:49 am

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply due to the weekend.
Do you mean that the Spotify worked well before and the problem happened after firmware updating?
If is, you can delete and reinstall the Spotify to check.
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”