27-AQTU72-03 bugs

Mainly focus on PUMPKIN Android/Wince Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo Issue

Moderators: Jammy, admin

chadbh1974

27-AQTU72-03 bugs

Postby chadbh1974 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:07 am

Since I could not find a thread on this unit discussing the bugs I've found in my new radio, i thought I would start a thread to put out some issues I've discovered with the software, hoping someone can tell me how to fix it or bring these issues to light so that the AutoPumpkin techs can work on maybe resolving them in future releases of firmware. Let me say first that so far I have REALLY enjoyed the radio and find the Android 6.0.1 OS very stable except for the following minor issues ...

** Location Services modes. NOT Resolved
Under Android settings it only allows you to select "Device Only" in the Location Services menu. For most location/navigation applications this is just fine. However, some Android apps install with permissons to access location as "approximate by network" meaning that they use the Network option. If we could select the "High Accuracy" option, this would allow these apps to get their location data. One such App I tried that does this is "Flixster" movies app that will show you close by theaters IF you have "Network Location" enabled otherwise you have to manually enter your ZIP or city.

** Radio RDS Data??? SOLVED: Enabled RDS in Factory Settings, perform Factory Reset and RDS was displayed.
I have looked and looked through all the menus of the radio and could not find anywhere where I could enable RDS data on this unit. All I get is the frequency with no text about the station at all. This is getting to be a standard feature almost all large faced radios have these days, why not my Android radio?

** Factory reset (Clear user accounts and Installed Applications) SOLVED: Use 1234 for password
I found under the "Car Settings" application where we are supposed to be able to "Factory Reset" the radio to clear out all personal information. However it asks for a password and I cannot figure out what it is. I saw on one forum thread about a different radio model that the password was blank. That did not work. It tried other numbers, they did not work. All I get is "Password error, try again". Could we please get the required password to perform this wipe/reset operation?

** Widgets NOT Resolved
I've tried adding Pandora and other widgets to the home screens but they don't appear after selecting them..not sure what that's about. I even tried using Apex Launcher and Nova Launcher with the same results.

** USB drive 'lost' at vehicle ignition on. NOT Resolved
This does not happen all the time, but a lot of the time. I will turn the ignition key and it will act like the USB flash media with my MP3 files is not there even though the drive was never removed. I have to use the RESET app to reboot the head unit and then it will see the files again. This is very annoying!

** Live Wallpaper setting is 'lost' at vehicle ignition on. NOT Resolved
Almost always, when I turn the ignition key on, all I get is a static image for the wallpaper. The Live Wallpaper I always use is no longer active, I have to select it again to re-enable it.

These are really the only issues I have found so far with my 27-AQTU72-03. I hope that improvements and updates will come that will resolve these issues and make this great radio even better.

P.S. The Radio information on their site says it officially supports up to 64GB USB drives. I tried a 256GB SanDisk earlier this evening and it worked perfectly. It was formatted NTFS with large video files that played perfectly in MX Player. I could not get Kodi to find the flashdrive but MX Player did.

Edit: Kodi did find the flash drive files under UDISK after reboot.
Last edited by chadbh1974 on Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:43 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jammy

Re: 27-AQTU72-03 bugs

Postby Jammy » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:01 am

Hi,
Thanks for your suggestion and improvement about our android 6.0 unit.
I will feedback these to both our technician and factory developers.
Once there is any news about this unit, I will post it here.
In items of the factory reset, you may know this operation will erase all the data and delete all the installed apps.
If you still want to try, the password is 888888. Hope some help.
Regards

chadbh1974

Postby chadbh1974 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:52 pm

Jerry_R

Postby Jerry_R » Wed Nov 16, 2016 12:33 pm

The RDS features are disabled in the factory menu on my 27-AQTU72-01 headunit as well.

I don't know what the precise differences are between 27-AQTU72-03 and 27-AQTU72-01 but on my headunit I found out how to enable it:

Open the CarSettings menu, go to Factory Settings. At some point the radio type can be changed, after a reboot RDS shows some minor station information however still not in the stored station names, but it's better than nothing.

The password to factory reset my headunit also works for the Factory Settings menu. For my device the password is 1617 in your case it could be as Jammy stated.

Another thing is that you can also change the boot logo to your car brand in the Factory Settings menu.

Word of advice: use with care since you can seriously screw up your headunit in these menus.

chadbh1974

Postby chadbh1974 » Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:51 pm

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:54 am

Hi,
You can check the below screen shot about the RDS in factory settings.
1.png
1.png (72.68 KiB) Viewed 3217 times

PS: Please don't change the factory settings without our indications, cause it may bring other problems.
Regards

btbrandontyler

Postby btbrandontyler » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:24 am

I have the same unit the 27-aqtu72-03. Please help me. My gps quite working after I accidentally erased repetitive files in ES file explorer. I tested the gps port to make sure it was getting 3.3 volts. I bought another gps antenna and that did not fix it. I know its because of deleted files.The 888888 password does not work for my factory reset. There's got to be a solution. Maybe re installing the firmware. I also can't change the ring tone for incoming bluetooth calls. This unit is sweet now if I can just get my gps working which was one of the main reasons I bought this. Looking forward to a reply! Thanks in advance.

chadbh1974

Postby chadbh1974 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:29 am

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:13 am

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:09 am

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Car Radio DVD GPS Stereo”