ND0474H SWC not working on Vauxhall Meriva 2009

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
StamfordMan

ND0474H SWC not working on Vauxhall Meriva 2009

Postby StamfordMan » Wed Jan 23, 2019 4:15 pm

I bought the Vauxhall/Opel specific model ND0474H for my Vauxhall Meriva A (2009 model).

It is supplied with a Canbus decoder in the Quadlink cable assembly model LM-9CANBUS09-V2054 HW:V1 SW:V2 For OPEL.

The cable assembly is V0547 4C0020039 7060A Rev0.0

Clearly the Canbus decoder does work because (1) the radio powers on and off and (2) messages are shown on the car's top display panel.

The problem is that the steering controls do nothing. The SWC1 and SWC2 wires from the radio end of the supplied wiring harness are not connected to anything. I see two wires from the Canbus decoder (white and white/black) are connected to pins 11 and 12 on the head unit connector. Those are labelled IR, so presumably for an infrared remote control?

What am I supposed to connect/configure to get this working with the steering controls? I have tried to configure this for "Opel" but the software in this head unit does not give me that option. Under "Factory Settings" I found that the password is 3368 and I tried a few of the Canbus settings. There's nothing for Opel or Vauxhall so I tried GM (simple) and the other GM one. None of this made any difference to the working of the head unit or the steering controls.

I'm perfectly comfortable with flashing an Android device if you tell me how to get into the bootloader, so if it involves a new firmware that's fine.

I am really disappointed that this does not work out of the box and also that there is NO information that relates to the actual version of Android and the actual applications installed on the unit that I received in the manual in the box, on your YouTube channel, website or anywhere in the forum that I can find. Imagine if everyone who bought an iPhone or an Android phone had to find a PC somewhere and access a forum to get assistance with getting their device up and running? I realise that these units are not very expensive, but you can surely afford to get people fluent in Mandarin and English to produce decent documentation and instruction videos that are understandable to English speakers. The same applies for German language manuals and videos too.

StamfordMan

Re: ND0474H SWC not working on Vauxhall Meriva 2009

Postby StamfordMan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:49 pm

So far, I've been asked for photos of the Quadlock connector wiring in my car and a photo of the steering wheel. I replaced a CD30 head unit which has only the 4 speakers, ground, permanent 12V, CAN-L and CAN-H connections to the Quadlock connector. With the CD30, everything works.

Autopumpkin sent me another CANBUS decoder. It says "For Vauxhall Astra. Version 1.1 firmware".

My Meriva has the Corsa C style of steering wheel with 3 buttons on each side. Now I have the three buttons on the left working and the bottom one on the right but the volume up and volume down buttons do absolutely nothing.

It looks like the specific Meriva A that I have is in a bit of a grey area in terms of what it's compatible with. The steering wheel is the same as the Corsa C steering wheel, but the factory-fitted head unit is the CD30 and the connector is Quadlock, not ISO. It looks like many of the higher-spec Merivas had the same steering wheel as the Corsa D.

I would assume that a Connects2 CTSCX002.2 would give me all the steering controls. It uses the resistive controls interface (Key1 and Key2 wires) rather than the IR interface that the Autopumpkin-supplied CANBUS decoder uses but it really irks me to have to pay extra for that.

Let's see what the response is from Autopumpkin. The local representative keeps telling me to change the selected CANBUS type in the "Factory Settings" menu. Well, I've tried every Opel-related option and the best I can get is 4 out of the 6 buttons.

KisCucu02

Postby KisCucu02 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:48 pm

Did you try to train the steering buttons?

StamfordMan

Postby StamfordMan » Thu Mar 14, 2019 3:28 pm

The first CANBUS decoder supplied with the head unit did not send any of the steering wheel control buttons to the head unit at all. It did switch the head unit on and off and switched the lighting when the headlights were on.

The second CANBUS decoder sent to me by Pumpkin partly worked. All the buttons except Vol-Up and Vol-Down worked. Of course, that's no solution at all because those are the two buttons that you use the most.

After some research, I concluded that a Connects2 CTSVX002.2 decoder was the one to go for. The seller agreed to refund me half the cost of that device. I used the ISO harness that came with the head unit to connect to the harness that Connects2 supplied. I had to swap the red and yellow wires as is so often the case (switched-12V and permanent-12V) and cut the brown wire at the ISO connector. I connected the steering wheel control wires from the CTSVX002.2 to the brown wires (SWC1 and SWC2) on the head unit side and put everything back in the dash.

All of the buttons are now sending to the head unit. I am able to select a short press function and a long press function for each button using the supplied app.

If I were to do this over, I would not get the ND0474H because the shaped front panel is really made for the Astra and the bit of plastic that sticks out in the middle partly obscures the top of the LCD. I would get a standard Double-DIN head unit and a suitable trim adaptor from Connects2. That will probably also solve the problem that I have of the head unit not quite fitting flush with the dash.

Overall, I'm very happy with the performance of the Pumpkin head unit. The FM radio is good, the unit plays every audio format that I use (FLAC, MP3 etc) the GPS works great, the Bluetooth Hands-free works fine and best of all, it's configurable. Given the amount of music that I can have plugged in (the SD-CARD slots handle up to 128GB each plus you have the USB ports). Half a terabyte of music is enough for me and I probably won't bother to get the DAB radio add-on. I will add a reversing camera and a forward-facing dash camera in the near future. Now that I've got the steering wheel controls working, it's worth spending a bit more to get full use out of the Pumpkin head unit.

PELUDACHO

Postby PELUDACHO » Sun Jul 26, 2020 11:01 pm

Buenas noches tengo punpkin 7" 1din quiero saber si lograste que funcionará el displey con la radio Android.
Ayuda soy nuevo aquí
Attachments
IMG_20200721_193831.jpg
IMG_20200721_193831.jpg (3.86 MiB) Viewed 6201 times
images (2).png
images (2).png (2.58 KiB) Viewed 6201 times
IMG_20200722_141957.jpg
IMG_20200722_141957.jpg (3.67 MiB) Viewed 6201 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Jul 28, 2020 8:53 am

Hola,
Gracias por tu mensaje
¿Podría por favor ofrecernos su ID de pedido y número de SKU?
¿Y cuál es el problema con su pantalla?
Atentamente.
Jammy

PELUDACHO

Postby PELUDACHO » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:23 pm

No es una avería
Deseo conectar mi pumpkin al displey de mi coche
para poder ver en el displey del auto la emisora de radio o las canciones que reproduce.
e visto que algunos auto radios traen salida de información de la pantalla.
mi coche es opel zafira A, 2004
la radio del auto no llevaba displey esa información salia por el displey del auto.
al poner la pumpkin en displey no da información.
mi pregunta este lleva salida de info para displey, podría conectarlo a el???

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:18 am

Hola,
Gracias por tu mensaje.
Nuestra radio de coche puede soportar múltiples funciones, como radio, bluetooth, navegación, etc.
Pero no se puede tratar como una simple pantalla.
¿Desea reemplazar la radio original de su automóvil por la radio de Pumpkin's?
Atentamente,
Jammy

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”