Pumpkin Questions SKU: VA0201B OS: Android 8.0

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
pile0g00

Pumpkin Questions SKU: VA0201B OS: Android 8.0

Postby pile0g00 » Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:36 am

I purchased one of your head units on Amazon and I have been testing it prior to install to make sure that will perform all the advertised functions that I want in my car. I have a few questions/concerns.

Also one of the main reasons why I purchased this unit was because it was stated this this model could output everything, like YouTube, to an external video source like a headrest monitor. When I tested output to another screen, using the RCA video out, the quality is really bad for everything except for the DVD. It looks good on the head unit screen, but really bad on the external monitor. I tested the same scene with the DVD player and then YouTube and there is a drastic difference in the quality. It is the most noticeable in the dark scenes. Is there a why to fix this?

The details stated that this unit could support HD 1080p, but I don't see how I can output 1080p with the screen resolution at only 480. How can I output at 1080p? Is there an additional HDMI dongle or maybe a USB to HDMI?

Also, I cannot get Netflix working on my unit. I tried downloading the APK from the official Netflix web site, as suggested on this forum and in questions posted on Amazon. I was able to download and install Netflix, but then I get an error that it is not compatible with this device.

What GPS software do you suggest for offline Navigation. I tried google maps, but the way the do map downloading is awful. Google maps gives you a rectangle that is too small and the wrong shape for the area I want to download.

Thanks for your help
Last edited by pile0g00 on Fri Feb 22, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pile0g00

Re: Pumpkin Questions SKU: VA0201B OS: Android 8.0

Postby pile0g00 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:29 pm

Any ideas, is it better to submit a support case?

pile0g00

Re: Pumpkin Questions SKU: VA0201B OS: Android 8.0

Postby pile0g00 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:41 pm

I am done waiting for a reply. I emailed support and they sent me a screen shot of a bright, not dark scene where I said it was most noticeable on, on an external display and I could still see the issue. I am returning this unit, because AV-Out was an important feature to me and there were also other problems with the DVD player app, non-certified android system and system stability. I need a car stereo that just works, because I can't be fiddling with a buggy system while driving my vehicle. I am disappointed, because I really wanted this to work, but it is a good idea that has been poorly executed.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”