Reversing Camera problems - green screen

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Bluepete

Reversing Camera problems - green screen

Postby Bluepete » Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:17 pm

Model number KD-C0356+Y0811

Order reference ID 026-5563390-7978757 from Amazon UK.

I have installed the reversing camera which works fine when the ignition is in the acc position. However, when the engine is running, I sometimes get a green screen, sometimes a black screen, but never an image from the camera. If I turn the engine off, and the ignition back to the acc position, the camera image returns.

I've tried a different earth, checked all the settings on the head unit, changed the power wire, but nothing. Still no image from the camera when the engine is on. I've got no warning lights on the car, it's running the can-bus perfectly, so the reverse detect wire isn't being used.

Please help!

Pete

Jammy

Re: Reversing Camera problems - green screen

Postby Jammy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 5:46 am

Hi,
For your issue, it seems like the below forum mentioned situation. Hope it helps.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=278
Regards

Bluepete

Postby Bluepete » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:48 am

I've fitted a relay and have the same result. No image when the engine is running.

I bought a new camera, but that gives the same result - good image when key is on ACC position, no image when engine is running.

I've tested the voltage at the reversing light, it's 12 volts with the engine running.

Therefore, it's a head unit problem.

Please advise.

Pete

Bluepete

Postby Bluepete » Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:01 pm

Another problem!

This is an an image of the screen taken at the local supermarket. Problem is, those bins are at my house, two miles away!

by , on Flickr

Come on! Help me!

Pete

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:00 am

Hi,
That's strange for us, please check if you connect the yellow RCA cable from reversing camera to "Cam in" RCA cable.
If possible, would you mind take a video about your problem and the reversing camera cable connection?
We will help you check and give you positive solution.
Regards

Bluepete

Postby Bluepete » Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:44 pm

Yep, the yellow RCA is correctly connected.

https://youtu.be/6vu5ZGoA5FI

https://youtu.be/xysuYHTY0iA

Hope these videos demonstrate the problem.

Pete

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Mar 16, 2017 6:26 am

Hi,
After discussing your issue with our technician, he said that you might not connect the relay correctly and the connection is indeed a little complex.
You can choose another way to make the reversing camera work as it should.
Please disconnect the red wire of the reversing camera from the back up lamp positive pole and connect it to the ACC wire of the fuse box from your car. After this wire modification, the reverse camera will still work when you put into reverse.
Regards

Bluepete

Postby Bluepete » Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:24 pm

That's fixed it at last!

Thank you.

Pete

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”