AUX input activation

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

mcj7247

AUX input activation

Postby mcj7247 » Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:41 pm

I have wired the sound from an OEM Rear DVD player to the RCA cable AUX inputs of my Pumpkin HU, but I still get no sound. Is there a way to select or activate the AUX inputs? Does the Pumpkin auto select the sound inputs? If I'm playing the radio while playing the DVD will I hear 1 or the other? Which one has priority? Thanks!

Andy

Re: AUX input activation

Postby Andy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 3:31 am

Hi there
Could you midn tell me your order number so that I can check what item you have bought? If you bought from ebay, just tell me your ebay ID.
Regards!

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:15 am

I'm having a similar problem. I have a 2013 VW Beetle which came with the stock RCD 310 radio. I've replaced it with a pumpkin radio and have verified that the supplied with the radio connects to the 3 AUX wires from the car harness correctly. I've verified that the wires go down to the AUX jack in the car, and I've connected the barrel (RCA) connectors to each other, and the AUX connector is plugged in to the radio. However, when I connect an input source to the AUX jack and choose "AV in" on the Pumpkin radio, I get the "yellow triangle exclamation point" (which I expect because there is no video connected), and no audio playback. Is "AV in" the right app to be running to get AUX input? If so, any suggestions as to what I might try to make this work?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:37 am

Hi, could you please first tell us your order number or buyer ID?
You can connect your phone or other external audio/video device to the RCA input cable in the back of the unit.
Regards

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi Jammy,

My order number was 100005596. I ordered direct from the Pumpkin website.

I know I can connect my device to the RCA input cable; that is what I was trying to say above. The factory AUX input on the car goes to the harness, which converts it to the 2 (red and white) barrel connectors, which then connect to the ones on the back of the radio. However, it does not work when I select the "AV in" app and try to use it. I am going to check the continuity of the wires this weekend to make sure there are no internal breaks, but visually, the connections look correct and solid.

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Also, if useful, my unit is listed as 11-RQ0367-US-A-KN-Y0012 on my invoice.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:55 am

Hi,
Sorry for the misunderstood brought to you.
This unit can support your original AUX input, you need to connect the 2 (red and white) barrel connectors to our AUX IN R and AUX IN L in the back of our unit, please refer the the below picture.
1.png
1.png (388.59 KiB) Viewed 3811 times

Regards

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:40 pm

Yes, that is how I have it connected. It still does not function.

Is "AV In" the correct program to be using to try and activate that input?

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:02 am

Hi,
After discussing your issue with our technician, he suggested you refer the below picture to check if your original cable has the pointed lines.
2.jpg
2.jpg (49.77 KiB) Viewed 3794 times

If you don't know how to check, please send us your original cable or wiring diagram, we will help you check.
Regards

mattcaron

Postby mattcaron » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:35 pm

It does have those lines. It was the first thing I checked. ;-)

Is "AV In" the correct program to be using to try to hear the AUX in?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”