ELM327 OBDII not pairing

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
philko

ELM327 OBDII not pairing

Postby philko » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:30 pm

Hello, I have a "Pumpkin Quad Core 7 inch 2 DIN Universal Android 4.4 Car Stereo Radio HD 1024*600 Muti-touch Screen GPS Navigation Without DVD Player" that I just purchased from Amazon (). I'm trying to pair my ELM327 bluetooth OBDII unit with the head unit.

The unit shows up (as "CHX") on both the Bluetooth app and also in the Android Bluetooth Settings. If I try to pair it using the app, I press the "pair" button and nothing happens at all. If I try to pair it using the Android Bluetooth settings, I get a "pairing" message but no pairing actually happens.

I've made sure that the pairing code I entered into the head unit matches the one that works with the ELM327 (the code is 6789). I've tried all combinations of rebooting, power cycling, clearing and rescanning I can think of, but none have worked.

On a different forum post, I see that you suggest using the version of Torque that comes with the head unit (I've done that) and you also suggest "pairing using Torque". But that version of torque doesn't allow me to do the pairing - it just lets me choose from devices that have already been paired. (If it matters, I started with a Play Store version of Torque and after I saw the forum post, I uninstalled the Play Store version and then installed the apk that came with the head unit.)

Do you have any suggestions on how I can get the ELM327 paired?

Thank you.

Jammy

Re: ELM327 OBDII not pairing

Postby Jammy » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:59 am

Hi, about the bluetooth OBD2, please first make sure you start your engine, and we made two tutorial video, you can check them, hope some help.
For android phone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlCuf6bult0
For iPhone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tV7U2KqmNlU
And please follow the below steps and double check it.

1.Change the paired password from 0000 to 1234,then unplug the OBDII;
2.Go to the "settings"->"backup&reset" and do the "factory data reset"
3.uninstall the old "torque", install the torque from "OEM";
4.plug the OBDII again,then pair it with the new password (1234) via Bluetooth,open the new installed torque and check.

If the bluetooth OBD2 still does not work on our unit, please take a video and upload it to youtube, then send the link to us.
We will help you check and try to give you solution.
Regards

Viffergb

Postby Viffergb » Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:43 am

Hi

Just a thought. Is your OBDII device definitely Bluetooth? I purchased the OBDII from Amazon (UK) as sold by Autoupumpkin, and that is a Wi-fi device and pairs fine for me on my 6.95" unit.

Tricktickler

Postby Tricktickler » Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:25 pm

Hi philko,

did you solve your problem?
I have exactly the same problem. I first installed the Version from Playstore and afterwards the one which comes with the adapter. The Adapter is paired with the Pumpkin (11-RQ0264-DE-A) but Torque always says "No OBDII Adapter ist paired". In Torque settings it switches between paired and not paired all the time.
With my Android phone I have no problems at all...

Regards

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:53 am

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:55 am

E46-Munster

Postby E46-Munster » Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:22 pm

Did you ever solve this?

I also have an OBD2 unit showing up as CHX. It's definitely bluetooth as it connects fine to my phone.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Android System”