What Is The Factory Settings Password

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Dominique

What Is The Factory Settings Password

Postby Dominique » Sun Jan 03, 2016 9:14 am

I have not found anything about this.

I did find one for a similar unit but from another company....

*#hct#root#

However I believe that password may be incorrect.

I am trying to root and am having trouble.

In fact, I do not see any developer tools, even if I press the build number 7 times.

Andy

Re: What Is The Factory Settings Password

Postby Andy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:19 am

Hi there
The factory setting code should be 126.
And for rooting the device, I'm sorry that we are not able to provide that method as it is Android 4.4 system, which on car dvd gps system, there is still not have a easy way to root that. And due to the system is special modified for the car stereo device, so there is no develp options as some cellphones done. I hope you can understand.
Regards!

Dominique

Postby Dominique » Mon Jan 11, 2016 6:24 pm

Please help me understand...

If we paid money for an Android stereo, why does your company say that you all do not allow customers to root their devices?

I have been in contact with someone from support and they said that units are not allowed to be rooted several times. So again, my question is, how can you tell a customer what they can and cannot do with a device they paid money for?

If a customer has paid money and wants to root it, it would be good if you provided the code.

Respectfully, I do not feel you all can say what we can or cannot do with our stereos.

Andy

Postby Andy » Tue Jan 12, 2016 3:44 am

Hi there
Thank you for your reply!
First of all, please do not angry about this my friend, no one from the Androd system devices will suggest clients to root their device, cause that will voide the warranty of the device. You can check at all other Android devices seller, even include most of the famous cellphone manufacturer such as Samsung.
Second, we didn't try to stop you doing that my friend, we just do not supposed to tell the clients to do that. For rooting Android 4.4 system on those kind of Android devices is very hard and not easy to do, which even easy to brick the device. You may check with the XDA forum about that, which already got clients damaged devices.
At last, I hope you can understand that our effort on this to help you keep the warranty, instead of gave up that.
Regards!

Dominique

Postby Dominique » Tue Jan 12, 2016 4:30 am

I was not angry, I was just asking the question.

I understand about protecting customers and not wanting them to void their warranty, I get it. I just thought that Pumpkin was flat out telling people they cannot root these stereos.

Andy

Postby Andy » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:18 am

Hi there
I'm so so sorry for replying you late due to not work at the past few days, I hope you can understand.
Thank you for your understanding. Actually I have seen some software developers in XDA forum which can root the Android 4.4.4 devices, but that is require very complex operation and a lot of computer technician to do that, which normally not available to normal user. And it is also have risk to brick the device. So we can not suggest that, hope you can understand.
Regards!

Archer06

Postby Archer06 » Wed Jun 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Attachments
20160622_165034.jpg
20160622_165034.jpg (1.95 MiB) Viewed 88094 times

mikespike

Postby mikespike » Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:01 pm

Dear Pumpkin,

How will the "Developer Options" damage the device? Any cellphone can activate this option to enable usb debugging.
Is there a way I can turn the developer options on my Pumpkin car din? Can you point me to a place that shows how to do it?

Mike

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:50 am

Hi,
Could you please first tell us your order number or buyer ID?
This information is very important for us to give you right suggestion.
For the "Developer options", if you change it, sometime it just enable or disable some functions, but sometime you may break the operation system and lead the whole android system non-working.
The USB debugging on the unit don't need to activate separately from Developer option, just the normal settings.
There is not a way to turn the developer option on our unit, because the factory technician and developers don't allow this, hope your kind understanding.
Regards

jmeisel

Postby jmeisel » Thu Jan 05, 2017 11:33 am

Hello,
after I entered the password 126, I get the message password wrong.
Can you help me.
Ordered by Shenzhen Pumpkin Electronic technology co., LTD with order number 79860618088668 over aliexpress.com
SKU:11-RQ1222E - MTCC-KLD6-V2.97 - RK3188

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”