Settings to Save Offline Map to SD card - GPS SD card reader error

Moderators: Jammy, admin

John Oldham
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Settings to Save Offline Map to SD card - GPS SD card reader error

Postby John Oldham » Fri Apr 06, 2018 9:26 am

Hi
My ID NUMBER is 100002904
model of car radio is CN10-03304B-02B

Installed the Unit Yesterday and re-flashed the Latest Firmware as per your 14 March Post

All working great except for :-

1. The SD card I used to update the firmware in the GPS slot can no longer be seen by the GPS slot?? - ,but can be seen in the other standard slot?
Any Idea??

2. Is there a way of changing the device settings to direct the downloading of offline Navigation Maps (Here We Go) to SD Storage? rather than internal Storage

Thanks

John

Jammy

Re: Settings to Save Offline Map to SD card - GPS SD card reader error

Postby Jammy » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:52 am

Hi,
about the GPS slot issue,you can try to click the RST button to reboot the unit.
About the downloading path of the offline map,it is determined by the app designed(Here we go).Hope your kind understandings.
Regards

John Oldham
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Postby John Oldham » Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:04 pm

Thanks Jammy I'll Try the RST and alternative Nav

John Oldham

Postby John Oldham » Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:06 pm

Hi Jammy

GPS SD Card Slot

1. Pressed the RST multiple times, still not seeing Cards in the GPS slot

2. Have tried 2 Cards 16GB and 32GB in the slots, both do not work in the GPS Slot, but both work in the STD Slot.

Is this a Firmware issue or has the SD card Hardware failed?

Any Idea

Thanks

John

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:23 am

Hi,
first please know that you can open files manage app to check whether the unit find the sd card in the GPS slot.
If the GPS slot doesn't see sd card just after update the new firmware , you can flash the following firmware again.
https://mega.nz/#!EI1yRDCb!udBJbsgaVBZY ... 6oPDBelkaI
You can download and unzip it to the root content of the USB and insert it into USB slot. Then enter settings - car settings - system update.
Here is an video for your reference.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dXBZdVeXig4
If it still doesn't help,so i think the GPS slot broke.You can contact our pumpkin customer service or write support@autopumpkin.com for further help.
Regards

John Oldham

Postby John Oldham » Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:15 pm

Hi Jammy

Flashed the Firmware again as requested. Unfortunately No change GPS SD slot still not working

Pictures from Today showing issue

I will contact support regarding options

Thanks for your Help

Best Regards

John

IMG_20180412_180539.jpg
IMG_20180412_180539.jpg (1.58 MiB) Viewed 2398 times
IMG_20180412_180502.jpg
IMG_20180412_180502.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2398 times
IMG_20180412_180445.jpg
IMG_20180412_180445.jpg (1.17 MiB) Viewed 2398 times

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:37 am

Hi,
oh.So maybe the flat cable which connect to the GPS slot is lossen.
1.You can take apart the unit and re-plug the flat cable 2 (The interface at both ends of the line.)again.
041303.png
041303.png (800.06 KiB) Viewed 2389 times

2.if step1 doesn't help,please check whether the flat cable break.
3.if the flat cable normal ,you can contact our pumpkin customer service for furthere help
Regards

John Oldham

Postby John Oldham » Fri Apr 13, 2018 5:03 pm

Hi Jammy

Thanks for the suggestion, However,

The GPS Slot did work initially when I first updated the Firmware to the latest version on Friday 6th of April, as I said in my 1st post.

So I do not believe that the Flat ribbon cable has broken or has come loose since then.

As you suggested previously, the physical slot has failed in someway, or could the latest firmware somehow have stopped the GPS slot working?

I am reluctant to disassemble the unit based on the current diagnosis, and the potential impact of disassembly by me on the rest of the system and warranty cover.

Are there any further Firmware updates due in the near future that could resolve this?

Thanks again

John

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:53 am

Hi,
it won't break the warranty if you disassemble the unit under our guidance .I also don't want to believe Flat ribbon cable has broken or has come loose since then.But after flash the firmware,we exclude the software problem. So i still suggest you disassemble and check the flat cable as i said before first.
Regards

John Oldham

Postby John Oldham » Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm

Hi Jammy

I have now determined that there is a fault with the actual physical SD slot.

1. When I insert an SD card that works fine in the alternative slot the Radio does not see the card, as previously described.

2. However I have now discovered that if I gently push the end of the card from left to right when it is in the slot, the Radio then sees the Card.
and it continues to see it after a reboot?. So the cables are fine.

So For now I am OK to live with this fault assuming there is no further deterioration or other faults arise.

I have mailed this to Monica also

Kind Regards and thanks for the Help

John

Return to “Android System”