Installation of unit LM-W0674 in Toyota Alphard

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
SDeuchars

Installation of unit LM-W0674 in Toyota Alphard

Postby SDeuchars » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:54 pm

Please help with instructions for installation of my new head unit - I am almost in despair over it.

Car: Toyota Alphard Hybrid 2003
Original head unit: Toyota 86120-58050
Front:
HUFront.jpg
HUFront.jpg (132.46 KiB) Viewed 2263 times

Rear:
HURear.jpg
HURear.jpg (96.45 KiB) Viewed 2263 times

The bottom row of black-white-white sockets fit the power section on the LM-W0674. I do not know what the top row of white-blue-grey sockets on the original are; there is nowhere on the Pumpkin unit for them to plug into. The Pumpkin unit came with a load of jacks that I cannot connect to the car wiring.

Jammy

Re: Installation of unit LM-W0674 in Toyota Alphard

Postby Jammy » Wed Mar 22, 2017 2:33 am

Hi,
The unit W0674 can fit your car, no matter the size and the original cable.
You just need to connect the cable which should connect to your original radio to the corresponding position of our uni.
For other original cables, such as your original navigation cable and original USB cable, just leave them alone.
1.jpg
1.jpg (436.44 KiB) Viewed 2262 times

2.jpg
2.jpg (286.76 KiB) Viewed 2262 times

Regards

SDeuchars

Postby SDeuchars » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Thank you for this! That makes life much easier. I have now installed the unit and most things seem to be working, including the steering wheel controls and GPS.

The screen does not change when I put the vehicle into reverse. Does the top white connector on the original, which moves to the top socket on the new unit, include the camera? On the original, there are two round sockets on the bottom right. As far as I can tell, the larger one is the radio aerial (because I could tune in the radio after plugging it in). Is the smaller one for the camera input? If so, will it work with the new unit's cable with the green AV-style plug (number 10 in the above image)? I am wondering if I should plug in that cable harness and then plug in the jack that I took out of the smaller socket.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Mar 24, 2017 10:46 am

Hi,
For the reverse camera, it's not included in the package.
The reverse camera detective wire and cam in RCA video input cable are as below shown.
2.jpg
2.jpg (394.93 KiB) Viewed 2248 times

Please refer our another forum to install the reverse camera.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=22
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”