Pumpkin 7.1 with backup camera problems

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
scottiedog123

Pumpkin 7.1 with backup camera problems

Postby scottiedog123 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:51 am

hi there,

Please help, i have installed a new pumpkin 7.1 system (SKU:CN01-03302B) into my VW Caddy van 2011. I have used the can bus harness and it works great. The problems i am having is using the mirroring function , i can get my samsung S7 edge to connect. i have set the usb debug to on and still no connection any ideas??

I also connected the camera which was supplied by yourselves and can not get it work when the engine is running. When the ignition is on, but the engine is not running it switches from Stereo to camera when you in-gauge reverse fine. But with engine running when you in-Gauge reverse you get a black screen. I have connected the red and to the reverse light and the black to ground , then connected the yellow rca connector to the cable supplied with the stereo (cam in) . There is another red cable connected to the yellow rca plug but don't know where that connects to . I have also tried the standard harness and connected said red cable to the (reverse in) on the harness with but i have the same problem.

Please help..

scott waldron

Jammy

Re: Pumpkin 7.1 with backup camera problems

Postby Jammy » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:09 am

Hi,
the mirror link function support up to android 7.0. Is your android 7.0 ?
Regarding the problem of the reverse camera,the connection is write.This is due to the unstable of the voltage of the reverse light .You can fix it referring to the following thread.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=278
Regards

LeeH22

Postby LeeH22 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:17 am

Have you powered the cam directly from the reverse light supply?

You need to supply it via a ready to electrically isolate it from the can bus wiring.
:arrow: Amazon UK Order # 205-0638269-2260346
:arrow: VW 8" 5.1 2GB CN01-03302B-02A

diggler1969

Postby diggler1969 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:33 pm

hi I am having a problem getting the backup camera to work we have connected the lead to the video in jack on the back of the stereo and the trigger wire to the reversing lights. when reverse is selected the screen changes to cam but then the screen displays no signal. there is power to the camera and I believe every thing is correct. can you please advise me what is going wrong its the single din touch screen with rear camera B

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:03 am

Hi diggler1969,
what is your car model ?
Here is an passage about the reverse camera.Maybe is helpful for you.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=278
Any query ,please first tell me your order number in amazon or buyer id in ebay,Pumpkin or AliExpress so that we can confirm more information about your unit and provide you positive solutions .
Regards

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “General Configuration”