[/url]Image

Using Tasker to adjust screen brightness

Frequently asked questions and answers

Moderators: Jammy, admin

Rigattoni

Re: Using Tasker to adjust screen brightness

Postby Rigattoni » Wed Apr 11, 2018 6:17 am

You don´t need a video... :-)
It should reduce the brightness to to the set 26% as it has been set as level. If you would reduce the setting to 0 the screen should nearly switch off the backlight of the screen. This is not dangerous in this case, because the Safeguard is not disabled.

You don´t see anything, because the firmware we got has an issue. It should react on void set_backlight_level(unsigned level);

As I said, the screen brightness is working on all known units, incl. all car units I know and this is common code in Android.
May be your devs are using a special command for setting the backlight, in this case I would like to ask for this command to rebuild it in Tasker, so that I am able to use the unit in a safe manner.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:28 am

Hi,
ok,i know the problem now. You can run other programs except for the brightness settings. I reacted this to our engineer ,once there is some solution ,i will notice you here.
Regards

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:45 am

Thanks a lot Jammy.
Please see my PM sent to you. :-)

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Mon May 07, 2018 12:35 pm

Even if I do not get any support on this issue, I would like to point out the wrong implementation of the Android system.

When I use the manual brightness settings I always get the following trace message:

Code: Select all

05-07 13:45:54.017   292   292 E Lights Hal: write_int failed to open /sys/class/backlight/rk28_bl/brightness

That means that your development does not use the Android API correctly as it is supposed by Android.

So what are your plans just now?

I would like to get a fully working unit. Just now there are too much issues in the system including the issue with the notifications killing the system UI.
Sorry to say, but I am not really amuzed.

...and just for beeing sayd: I did not root my device to get the log files.

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Tue May 08, 2018 3:02 am

Hi Rigattoni , thanks for your patience and support for our unit . I will also show this information to our engineers .Hope there will some solution in a few days.
Regards

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Tue May 08, 2018 9:52 am

Yes, some solutions within the next week should be provided.
...and please talk with your engineers about the issue with the notifications: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9570

Otherwise I will ask for a major refund, because I need to do some own development to get it working.
I never got a firmware with so strange issues yet.

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Thu May 17, 2018 8:39 am

Hi Jammy,
I hope you keep this thread in mind? ;-)

Jammy

Postby Jammy » Fri May 18, 2018 9:21 am

Hi Rigattoni,
sorry that for the late raply.I knew that you had contacted our pumpkin customer service.About this third party issue, i shared your idea with our engineers but unfortunately there is no result or solution .Hope your kind understandings.
Regards

Rigattoni

Postby Rigattoni » Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 am

Okay, I know you are not responsible, but please let me point on the "third party issues" as you mention.

Regarding SystemUI killed by notification issue:

If your devs would take any other app which gives a notification to answer, you would see that it is no 3rd party issue. The same behavior happens by using WeChat and Telegram.
Are they sure this should be a 3rd party issue instead of a bug in the implementation of the firmware?

Regarding brightness settings:
If your devs would had a look in the trace snippet and verified that with their implementation, they would have seen that the folder structure they use is not correct.
The Android API uses /sys/class/backlight/rk28_bl/brightness
...and which folder structure is used by your devs?
Why are your devs using another folder structure as expected by Android?

I don´t accept to be called stupid... sorry.

meazz1

Postby meazz1 » Sat May 19, 2018 2:55 am

Rigattoni wrote:Okay, I know you are not responsible, but please let me point on the "third party issues" as you mention.

Regarding SystemUI killed by notification issue:

If your devs would take any other app which gives a notification to answer, you would see that it is no 3rd party issue. The same behavior happens by using WeChat and Telegram.
Are they sure this should be a 3rd party issue instead of a bug in the implementation of the firmware?

Regarding brightness settings:
If your devs would had a look in the trace snippet and verified that with their implementation, they would have seen that the folder structure they use is not correct.
The Android API uses /sys/class/backlight/rk28_bl/brightness
...and which folder structure is used by your devs?
Why are your devs using another folder structure as expected by Android?

I don´t accept to be called stupid... sorry.

Could not help myself.
Why don't you return it and get the one you that serves your purpose.
No one called you stupid. This is a product pumpkin sold but didn't say the app was 100% bug free.
If you are so good with code, write your own and live in peace.

Return to “General Configuration”